Each day is a new account …
- If you had a bank that credited your account each morning with $86,000
- That carried over no balance from day to day …
- Allowed you to keep no cash in your account …
- And every evening canceled whatever part of the amount you had failed to use during the day…
- What would you do?
- Draw out every cent every day, of course, and use it to your advantage!
- Well, you have such a bank…and its name is “TIME.” Every morning, it credits you with 86,400 seconds.
- Every night, it rules off as lost whatever of this you have failed to invest to good purpose.
- It carries over no balances.
- It allows no overdrafts.
- Each day, it opens a new account with you.
- Each night, it burns the records of the day.
- If you fail to use the day’s deposits, the loss is yours.
- There is no going back.
- There is no drawing against to “Tomorrow.”
- It is up to each of us to invest this precious fund of hours, minutes, and seconds in order to achieve God’s purpose in our lives